Protecting your Intellectual Property
- Inventing 101 - This is a really nice business primer for inventors
- How to Protect Your Invention When Pitching it
- Patents, Copyrights and Trademarks
- US Patent Office- Information, research and registration of US patents
- Protecting your Technology - Excellent online course to understand the choices in protecting your intellectual property.
- IP and License Agreements
Trademarks and Copyrights
- Nolo Press - Patent, copyright, and trademark articles form the respected publisher
- Stopfakes.gov - Nice site for information about protecting your intellectual property with good information about patents, trademarks and copyright information
- California Secretary of State - The Secretary of State’s office maintains registration and all updates of California state trademarks and service marks
- US Copyright Office - Research and register a copyright
- Introduction to the U.S. Patent System - Excellent online course to help inventors understand this process and stay out of trouble
Tech Futures Group (TFG)TFG provides strategic advisory services to qualified technologists and technology companies to help them get to the next level. TFG’s focus is on assisting with the commercialization of technology products or services and with the preparation of raising funds. TFG charges no fees for its services and takes no ownership interest in client companies. TFG’s charter is to help technology companies start, grow, and thrive.
Our expert advisors coach select technology companies exclusively and at no cost. Our work includes Strategy development, IP assistance, VC pitch development, SBIR/STTR applications, & intros to select service providers.
TFG is committed to helping develop qualified technology-based companies. Advising services are offered at no cost to clients, which is made possible through funding provided by the SBA and other private entities. TFG is able to work with a set number of clients at any one time, and therefore requires an application to be accepted. Clients are accepted on a three-month basis initially with the possibility of renewal based on client’s commitment to the strategic direction as outlined by TFG Advisors.